Are you ready for GDPR? The regulation adopted on 27 April 2016 will become enforceable from 25 May 2018.
The General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation by which the European Parliament the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control back to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
This Fin & Tonic will explore GDPR and what it means for the financial services industry. Join us for an evening of discussion, debate, networking and, of course, refreshing gin & tonics.
- 18.00 Doors opening
- 18.30 Welcome & Intro to new members
- 18.45 GDPR assessment & checklist by Edwin Jacobs, Partner at Time.Lex
- 19.00 Case: GDPR implementation by Dominique Adriansens, CEO of Twikey
- 19.10 Case: GDPR at the City of Antwerp by Dimitri Verhelst, co-founder of Juru
- 19.20 Consent Collection Challenge by Jan De Bondt, Partner at iGuards
- 19.30 GDPR, Just do it! by Thibaut De Vylder, CEO of dFakto
- 19.40 Panel discussion moderated by Patrick Coomans from B-Hive
- 20.15 Networking reception
FREE for B-Hive members & partners. Not a member yet? Join our B-Hive community.