Blockchain technology is best known as the record-keeping system behind cryptocurrencies seems poised to play a broader role in business. It will change how we finance, run operations and alter how supply chains work. Corporate spending on blockchain software is expected to more than double this year to over $2 billion, up from $945 million in 2017 (IDC.)
This session focuses on blockchain in the financial services industry. Among the first industries to seize upon the efficiency savings that its distributed ledger technology can deliver. Using distributed-ledger technology could help financial services providers lower the worldwide cost of cross-border payments, securities trading and compliance.
We will address questions such as:
• Which are the main areas of application for blockchain in the financial industry?
• How fast is the industry adopting these use cases?
• How far along are we from use cases to actual applications?
• Are financial institutions going to alone or teaming up?
• How do how do leaders go about protecting their blockchain use cases?
• Do they do it with Insurance, technology hedging or other?
• What can/should the regulators do and what have they done to date in the US and Europe?
The session is relevant for executives in the following focus areas:
• Banks, financial institutions and corporations active in the use-cases of blockchain i.e. transaction services, financial markets, debt capital markets, and lending.
• Professionals and consultants active in the blockchain / DLT space
• Lawyers and consultants active in advising companies on their blockchain roll-out
• Regulators looking to understand how the technologies are being used.
• Wim de Waele, CEO, B-Hive
• Joe Guagliardo, Partner, Technology Group, Pepper Hamilton LLP
• Martijn T.G. Schoonewille, Partner, Banking and Finance, Loyens & Loeff N.V.
• Emily Goodman Binick, Vice President & Senior Counsel, American Express
• Christopher Neumann, Managing Director, New World Technology Partners [moderator]
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM - Check in/Networking
8:30 AM - 10:30 AM - Program
EACC NY Member: Free
Non- Member: Free
Rise New York
43 W. 23rd Street, 2nd Floor
New York, New York 10008