Spark Labs Bryant Park
25 W. 39th St. 14 Floor
New York, NY 10018
Join us for the first Fin & Tonic in New York on Thursday, August 24, at SparkLabs Bryant Park.
As Europe is a market with incredible potential, your company can't afford to miss out on the opportunity to land and expand across the pond.
This event will highlight:
- What are the lessons learned when opening an office abroad?
- Do we need to be concerned about European regulations?
- What are the most important steps to take when expanding to Europe?
During our fireside chat, Andrew Boyajian will share more insights about internationalization and expansion in Europe. Today, Andrew is Head of International Product and Operations at TransferWise. Prior to TransferWise, he served as Director of International and Payments at Kickstarter, where he was instrumental in turning a nascent North American idea into an international phenomenon, launching the crowdfunding platform in 17 new markets.
After the fireside chat with Andrew Boyajian, we give the floor to two member companies for a 10-minute pitch.
Yvan de Munck – James
- James, formerly known as CrowdProcess, is a data science company responsible for a risk management tool with the same name that has been adopted by financial institutions in Europe, the US and Africa. James was built to make risk officers' lives easier by helping them achieve lower default rates and better origination practices. To do so, they designed an interface that grants these professionals a higher predictive power through the application of advanced scientific computing capabilities (e.g., machine learning and advanced optimization). Our belief is that the only way to make the financial system safer is to empower the right people with powerful scientific computing tools.
Merav Ozair – HoliSym
- HoliSym seeks to enable everyone around the world to comfortably participate in financial markets, establishing social-economic responsibility to build a stronger and more transparent global economy. They believe in challenging the status quo by 1) Making their asset management platform accessible to every individual – simple to use, personalized, seamless and intuitive; 2) Building trust and transparency by sharing opinions/assumptions with peer network and collaborations;3) Unmasking risk through a new holistic multidisciplinary paradigm on global economy and financial markets.
- For more info follow @HoliSym on Twitter or watch this Interview with Merav: http://bit.ly/2viRHaq
As usual, we will end this #FinAndTonic with a networking reception with some food and gin!
6:30 pm: Doors open – Networking with delicious gin and tonics and snacks
7:00 pm: Introduction by Wim De Waele (B-Hive)
7:15 pm: Fireside chat with Andrew Boyajian (TransferWise), moderated by Peter Vanham (World Economic Forum)
8:00 pm: Giving the floor to two of our member companies – 10-minute pitch + 5-minute Q&A
8:30 pm: Networking with delicious gin and tonics and snacks
9:30 pm: Closing