Along with its partners and members, B-Hive launched its TalentHive and TrustHive programs, its international satellite offices in London, Tel Aviv and New York, as well as its CyberFinder platform in 2017, and is now looking ahead to a year focused on expanding and activating the EU network capped off by a digital finance conference organized with EBF in Brussels.
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM – January 16, 2018 – B-Hive, the collaborative innovation fintech platform that brings together banks, insurers and market infrastructure players to work on common innovation challenges and build bridges to the startup and scale-up community, today announces its plans for the upcoming year to its community, as well as reflects on its productive first year. The B-Hive community celebrated said achievements together on Monday evening at B-Hive’s Official Kick-Off event.
2017 was a productive year for B-Hive: from opening international offices in London, Tel Aviv and New York, to growing its tech-for-fin community by doubling the number of members. Another major highlight came from the launch of its strategic programs, which tackle common innovation challenges with its community and pave the way for digital transformation in the financial landscape. These include:
- B-Hive launched the CyberFinder initiative through its CyberHive program. This shared platform easily allows our partners to identify and deploy cyber solutions that have been validated through a gap analysis and thorough lab-based evaluation method.
- TalentHive was launched by B-Hive to put a strong focus on identifying and strengthening the talent pool in Europe to ensure today’s talent and current workforce is equipped with the right skills and experience to fulfill their career ambitions and thrive in the digitization of financial services industry. B-Hive is partnering up with several leading players in HR technology, such as HR Tech Valley and BeWorkHappy. More partners to be announced soon.
- TrustHive brought together B-Hive partners – AG Insurance, Belfius, BNP Paribas Fortis, Degroof Petercam, Euroclear, KBC and SWIFT – for the creation of a blockchain-powered platform to simplify customer on-boarding for individuals and legal entities.
With stronger ambitions for 2018, B-Hive is developing itself more internationally and turning its focus toward matchmaking within its community, all culminating with a conference that will be held September 26 of this year: Digital Finance Europe 2018, in Brussels, alongside the European Banking Federation.
Ellen Thijs, Executive Program Manager of B-Hive, said: “From day one, B-Hive aims to connect the dots internationally. We want to position the greater area of Brussels as a smart gateway to Europe by encouraging companies and partners to cross borders and get insights on what is happening outside Belgium. Through our Hub Roadshow, we will establish a global network to bridge and share expertise and contacts by organizing missions and exchanges, ultimately positioning the EU as a single market.”
Fabian Vandenreydt, Executive Chairman of B-Hive, said: “Looking ahead to 2018, B-Hive has ambitious plans that include, but are not limited to, a focus on community building, matchmaking, strengthening strategic programs and international positioning. We want to empower our community to participate in our strategic programs to create tangible solutions to challenges faced in the industry, while also helping connect them with the right people and companies on an international scale.”
B-Hive is a European collaborative innovation fintech platform that brings together major banks, insurers and market infrastructure players. Together, we work on common innovation challenges and build bridges to the start-up and scale-up community. We aim to put Brussels on the map as the smart gateway to Europe and leverage on the opportunities offered by the digital transformation for the financial services industry. We believe that building bridges between important fintech hubs and the Eurozone enables both European and non-European companies to grow and expand.
On behalf of B-Hive:
- For international press: Sophie Harkins, Cognito – Sophie.Harkins [at] cognitomedia.com
- For Belgian press: Pieter-Jan Crombez, FINN – PieterJan.Crombez [at] finnpr.com
- Direct contact: Ali Colwell, B-Hive – Ali.Colwell [at] b-hive.eu